Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Passion of the Fruit & Pampered Pussy Cats

Love = Passion fruit vinegar!
Well, I hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend.

I spent much of the weekend in Charlottesville, Va., visiting my in-laws. They were wonderful, of course. Luckily for me, all the craziness is on my side of the family, so I tend to have nice relaxing trips when we're visiting my husband's family.

My first order of business for the trip, however, was getting my vinegar. Last year, I fell in love with passion fruit vinegar sold by a store called Oil & Vinegar. I've looked on the Internet and in local stores and I can't find it anywhere but Oil & Vinegar. There are only half-a-dozen locations in the US and one is Cville. So, whenever we visit, I go in and buy vinegar. My husband gave me the hairy eyeball when it rang up (I'm too ashamed to say how much I spent), but it is so worth it!  It's wonderful on salads as a dressing. Just plain, you don't need anything else.

Oliver on the receiving end of petting.
The kids had a great time seeing the grandfolks, but mostly they petted Oliver, the cat. I think Oliver will miss us most of all, as the kids would literally sit there, petting him for 20 minute stretches at a time. Then they'd go, "Oh, Oliver is soooo cute." We do not have a cat. Nor do we want a cat (I mean, in the abstract, they're cool, and certainly fun to pet, and definitely require less walking than dogs, but our household is not equipped for cats).  They love seeing the cat, even though they see him every time we visit.  Though, the last couple of times we've visited, my husband's brother has been there too. The brother is severely allergic to cats, so they tend to shut Oliver away when he visits, so this is the first time in a while we've visited when Oliver has been roaming the house.

So, those were the highlights. Did you guys travel for labor day? Anyone have exciting stories to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment