Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

If That's Good Luck, I Don't want to Find out What Bad Luck Is...

Courtesy of Photobucket.
The other day, I took my kids to the park, and while I was relaxing on a bench in the shade, I heard a plop and looked down to see a  bird had pooped on my bag.

Yuck! Yes, yuck!

I happened to tell this to a friend of mine, and she told me, "Y'know that's good luck -- when a bird poops on you!"  Ummm?! Well, if that's good luck, please don't let me have bad luck, because I don't even want to know what that looks like.

I am almost certain this idea started by some mother out there trying to be all Pollyanna and make a bad situation good. But, I doubt it's accurate. Since the bird pooped on my bag, I have not had anything extra lucky happen to me -- that I know of, at least. (Or maybe I'm not due good luck since the bird got my bag, not me.)

This is the first time I'd heard the lucky bird poop theory. I was so intrigued by the theory that I looked it up, and there are several other things you wouldn't think of as lucky (like meeting a snake) that are supposed to be omens of good luck. Here's the list: http://www.wofs.com/index.php?option=com_content&Itemid=37&task=view&id=540.

Do you know of any other seeming bad things that are omens of good luck? If so, I'd love it if you shared it with me.

-Hyattsville Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment