Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Heroes are good for many things, but not fashion!

The other day, my son and I had this conversation:

Son: Mom, can I wear my underpants over my pants?
Me: What!?!
Son: Y'know, like Superman.

OK, after I resisted my urge to bust a gut, and told him, "Um, no," I thought about how interesting it was that this was the item he picked up on about super heroes.

He told me Wolverine (from the X-men) also wears his underpants on the outside. 

Kids do like to imitate super heroes, and while there are so many enviable traits that super heroes have: honesty, helpfulness, courage, the things kids hone into can often be things like underpants on the outside.

I think it illustrates why it's always important to talk to kids about what they're thinking when they see things. They don't always take away from it what you hope they do.

That's all for today.

Tomorrow, we'll have the weekend roundup and a little review of the Lion King 3-D re-release.

Have a good one.

-Hyattsville Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment