Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

My 7-year-old: Terrified of Vegas Acts!

Siegfried & Roy and a lion.
Happy Monday!

Hope you all had a great weekend. Mine was good, and a bit interesting.

I told my son I was going to be chaperoning my daughter's fieldtrip to the zoo. He tells me we shouldn't go.

Me: Why not?
Son: (terrified voice) What if Siegfried & Roy are there?
Me: (not terrified) Ummm, we'll have a great show?

After a little probing, I found out  he is familiar with the fact that Roy was mauled by a tiger, but somehow got the impression these two were evil villains who brought out rogue tigers to terrorize the masses (I have no idea where he got this stuff).

So, I set him straight on who Seigfried & Roy are. I told him they shouldn't be feared any more than a turtle (unless it's the University of Maryland Terrapin, of course; if it's that turtle, RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!).

I'm not sure what was more surprising, though: (1) his impression of Seigfried & Roy or (2) that he actually remembered the names Seigfried & Roy. I mean, he said it with perfect clarity and recollection,

That's it for today.

-Hyattsville Mom

P.S. Don't forget to like the Hyattsville Mom Facebook Page and follow HyattsvilleMom on Twitter. Often will post fun deals (like the Google Deals $5 Fandango movie ticket).


No comments:

Post a Comment