Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

Back to School Disconnect!

I've already seen half-a-dozen Back to School sales advertised in local papers. This is wonderful, as it allows parents to buy needed supplies at a cheaper price (and believe me, it's much cheaper, as I had to buy pencils and two notebooks in May; three times what I paid for the same items the previous August).

However, this year, the sales have been so early, they've been pretty much useless to me. I've bought a couple of things the kids need in general, like paper.  But, our kids' teachers provide a list of supplies they need each year, and we haven't gotten the list yet (usually it's posted online).  So, it's a little disappointing to have the sales so near, but not be able to take advantage of them.

Hopefully, we'll get that list soon. And I'm sure there will be more great sales to come before school starts up. But, it's nice when you can get in early and get out. At some point, I'll be in the mad rush with everyone else. :(

FYI, the dates of the Back-to-School sales tax holiday in Maryland are Aug. 14-20. During the holiday, you pay no sales tax on select back-to-school items, like paper, certain clothing and jackets, etc.
 More information is online here: http://www.marylandtaxes.com/ShopMD_2011/default.asp.

That's all for today. Have a great week.

-Hyattsville Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment