Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

A Gas Pig?

Sometimes my children say things that make me laugh hysterically.

I have no idea where they get their notions from, and this example is no different. It was so hot the other day, my 4-year-old daughter told me, "I'm sweating like a gas pig!"

"A what?" I asked.

"A gas pig," she responded, as if I should know what exactly what this is.

"What is a gas pig?"

A roll of the eyes. "You know, Mom."

Really honey, I don't, I think. But, I don't say anything. I just wait for her to continue.

"It's a pig that pumps gas for your car."

Oh, that I should have known. Because, you know, there are so many full service stations around Maryland that hire pigs to pump gas in this 90+ degree weather. Of course, I just say, "Oh."

No idea where that came from. Hope you all have a good day.

-Hyattsville Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment