Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

Busboys and Poets - A new hangout spot in Hyattsville

There's a new spot opening in Hyattsville today: Busboys and Poets.


Now, I admit, I was not familiar with this chain until recently. About a month ago, my friend Cathy mentioned that she was so excited a Busboy and Poets was opening up. And I was like, "What is it?" 


Apparently, it's a chic spot for those who want to eat, work (free wi-fi) or hang out. There's food, open mic nights, and lots of atmosphere, so I'm told.  What people love about the place seems hard to put into words, but every person I've spoken to is familiar with the place has done nothing but break into an ear-to-ear grin when they start talking about it.


The Busboys and Poets is opening in the new complex where the Elevation Burger, Yogi Castle, and Chipotle Grill are (across the street). It's right next to a Yes Organic Market, which is slated to open later this year. The address is: 5331 Baltimore Ave., Hyattsville, MD.


The opening of the restaurant, by the way, is supposed to signify success for this area. A Washington City Paper article noted that where Busboys & Poets have arrived, the surrounding area has gone onto thrive economically for businesses. So, let's hope this place works its charms here.


Normally, I try to write about places that are kid friendly. I don't know if this place is, but even if it isn't, the unbridled enthusiasm you get from people who know of the place is reason enough to check it out.  The Busboys and Poets is slated to open today at 4 p.m.  


I actually have a lot to do this afternoon (and HATE opening day crowds), so I won't be checking out the grand opening. But I will definitely slip in this week.


Now, dear readership, are you Busboys & Poets virgins or total drop-dead-in-love fans (there doesn't seem to be an in-between)? Do you plan to check it out today, or wait?

-Hyattsville Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment