Pages

Friday, July 20, 2012

Shakespeare, Dragons Ahead this weekend!

How to Train your Dragon live show
Happy weekend to you!

Lots to do this weekend. I'm taking my kids to see Ice Age 4 finally. I've heard good things about it, so it should be exciting. And hopefully a better experience than The Amazing Spiderman. I was mighty disappointed, as I'd seen this trailer and was expecting some answers that did not occur in the film (In fact the scenes where the villain says: "If you want the truth about your parents, come and get it!" and the scene where someone says, "do you think what happened to you was an accident?" are not even in the film! I read that some last minute editing occurred and they moved certain plot points to the sequel). That said, it's not a bad movie if you don't expect answers to those questions, but if you do, you walk away feeling cheated. The movie sheds very little light on Peter Parker's parents.

The Dark Knight Rises opens today. The trailers didn't excite me and it's almost 3 hours, which is a long time to spend with something that doesn't look that exciting, so I'm not sure I plan to see that. And it's tough to go to a non-kid movie, find a sitter, etc. if the movie doesn't excite.

Well, now that I've got movies out of my system, let's talk about other fun things to do this weekend. I've listed a couple things below. As always, you can find lots of activities in our calendar.

Shakespeare in the Park: This free production at the Montpelier Mansion grounds starts at 7 pm tonight. It will include an abridged version of all of Shakespeare's works (say what?). Yes, that's what they said. So, if you're interested in more details, call 301-446-3232 or check out this flier.

How to Train Your Dragon Live: This Dreamworks live show is playing at the Verizon Center through out the weekend. It's a little pricey, but there are dragons that fly above your head and if you like live productions, this may be for you. More information is at http://dreamworksdragonslive.com/.

Cupcake Decorating: The New Carrollton library has a free cupcake decorating class Saturday at 2 pm for kids ages 11-18. Registration is required. To find out more or register, call the adult information desk, 301-459-6900.

That's it for me today. Hope you have a great weekend, especially since it will be nice and cool.

-Hyattsville Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment