Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Fun at the Movies

I posted here on the blog and on twitter about the free screening of CARS 2 last weekend.  I went with my munchkins and hubby and must say, the movie was a blast!

I would definitely recommend it for kids. The screening was in 3-D, but I don't think the 3-D added much. Save a few bucks and go to the 2-D version, but definitely go. It's not one to wait for the DVD on.

The film opens with a spy, Finn McMissile spying on a new secret weapon that he's charged with figuring out what it does and how to stop it. Then, it cuts to scenes with favorite characters Mater and Lightning McQueen. The two storylines develop separately for a bit, then intersect when an American spy, realizing his cover is blown, passes off secret plans to an unsuspecting Mater.

From there, the movie kicks into high gear, and it's really a fun time. It's like a kids version of James Bond -- and not those crappy James Bond movies from the middle -- good James Bond! Sean Connery James Bond, heh heh!

My kids had a wonderful time and so did I. I hope you'll see it. And no, I don't work for Disney. Nor did they pay me. I just had a great time at a great movie and wish the same for your family.

-Hyattsville Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment