Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

Camp - First Week Done!

Well, my kids' first week of camp is over! Not sure if that's good or bad or should be momentous or not. It's just done.

Summer's just getting started, yet I still feel totally harried.  The lack of break between public school dismissal and the start of camp has thrown me into a bit of a tizzy. I feel disorganized and out of it.

For example, on Tuesday, ran into some friends at Chick-Fil-A, and they told me the Bowie Library was holding it's annual play that night. I take my kids to see the production every year, but I would have missed it this year if I hadn't run into my friends.  With no break between school and camp, I didn't get my debriefing/planning minute, and it's shown this week.

My hope is, now that the first week of camp is over, I'll get a chance this weekend to figure out how we're going to spend the non-camp portion of summer (and that isn't much, as school resumes Aug. 22; Yes, you read that right: Aug. 22!).

So, now that you know how I'll be spending my weekend. How will you be spending yours?

-Hyattsville Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment