Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

Book Monday/Tuesday: Meet & Greet Children's Book Authors!

The weekend's over, and I am still recovering. Wow, what exciting things did we do this weekend? Well, not a whole lot to be truthful. We took the kids swimming, watched some Olympics, hung out. Yet, I totally feel exhausted. Probably the impending start of school and all the things we have to do before it starts is probably setting in.

That said, I'm going to be posting every other day this week: Monday/Wednesday/Friday.  So, Book Tuesday has become book Monday/Tuesday. And this is good this week, because for books, I just thought I'd broadcast a cool children's event going on at the library. People can get out and meet the authors of the Deadtime Stories series of books.

Deadtime Stories are semi-scary books written for kids 8 and up. Titles in the series include:  Grave Secrets (January 2012), The Witching Game (March 2012), Beast of Baskerville (May 2012), Invasion of the Appleheads (July 2012), The Magic Shop of Horrors (August 2012), and Grandpa's Monster Movies (October 2012).

The authors, Annette and Gina Cascone, will meet and greet at three library branches this week:


  • Tuesday, Aug. 7, 2 pm, New Carrollton, 7414 Riverdale Road in New Carrollton, 301-459-6900.
  • Wednesday, Aug. 8, 2 pm, Acokeek, 15773 Livingston Road  in Accokeek, 301-292-2880.
  • Thursday, Aug. 9, 2 pm, Bowie, 15210 Annapolis Road in Bowie, 301-262-7000.


Spooky stories aside, I might just take my kids to show them that two siblings can get along so well that they even write a book together!  And travel around promoting it! Oh, if only I could get such concord!   (OK, a little explanation overuse. But, seriously, I would jump for joy if I could get sibling harmony 60 percent of the time.)

That's it for today. Hope you all have an exciting week.

-Hyattsville Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment