Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Hmmm...?

Remember, back in the day, when Arsenio Hall had his own show and was really popular, he had that segment called, "Things that Make you go, Hmmmm"?

I had one of those moments recently with the upcoming movie Ted. I saw a still poster for it (the picture to the left). Seeing the sweet Teddy bear, I thought it might be a kids movie and pulled up the YouTube trailer. Thankfully, my kids were at camp, not at home with me, because Ted is rated R. Ted is not about a cuddly teddy bear kids might adore, as I thought when seeing the poster.

Ted is about a foul-mouthed, beer drinking teddy bear who is a roommate to an equally foul-mouthed character portrayed by Mark Wahlberg. 

The movie does not fit my tastes at all. But, I have to say, "hmmm" on the poster. Why the ambiguity? The teddy bear alone makes one think cute and cuddly, not rude and crude.

The beer is a tip-off it's not kid-friendly.
I guess others had the same thoughts I did, because I've seen newer posters and they're like the one on the right. They give more an indication that this is not an upcoming family flick. 

That's my mini-rant for today.

Tomorrow, I'll have a weekend roundup.


-Hyattsville Mom

Fun to do: Today at 2 pm, kids can see Nicolo the Jester at the Beltsville library branch. The show is designed for kids ages 6 and up.  For more information, visit http://www.pgcmls.info/BVSRP1.


Also, tomorrow, the Circus Camp will give a FREE performance at 1 pm in the Greenbelt Community Center, 15 Crescent Rd.  Circus Camp is performed by kids ages 8 and up; acts include juggling, clown routines and unicycle riding. For more information, call the community center at 301-397-2208.

No comments:

Post a Comment