Pages

Friday, September 21, 2012

Gee, I'm really old!

My kids and I watched the Frankenweenie trailer the other day. It's a new Tim Burton film coming out next month.


Upon completing the trailer, my son, who is eight, tells me: "I don't want to see that. It's in black-and-white. It was probably made in the '70s"

Wow! He knows I was born in the '70s, so I guess he assumes that was a long, long, long time ago (perhaps even a galaxy far, far away). But, really, black-and-white movies? Gone with the Wind and the Wizard of Oz were made in 1939 and they had color!

Maybe, it's a sign I ought to teach him about the history of film. Starting with when that lovely innovation of color appeared (not the '70s!).

As a side note, I forgot to add to yesterday's post this cool event in DC at the National Building Museum. It's free and for kids ages 4-12. They get to build and create. Details are here: http://www.nbm.org/families-kids/festivals/big-build.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment