Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

Addicting TV...

I don't have time to watch tons of television, but I must say, the shows I watch and like, I REALLY like.

I started watching ABC Family's short-run shows, Pretty Little Liars and the Lying Game, and was totally hooked. But, they were short run shows, 10 episodes and they're out until January.

So, now I am totally hooked to the CW's Ringer.  

It's no surprise, of course, because the show stars Sarah Michelle Gellar. I really LOVED Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and Gellar as the lead. So, I was already primed to like the show.

I'll admit the first episodes started off just OK, but things have really picked up and there are surprise after surprise after surprise. It's very unexpected and totally compelling. For the unannointed, the show is about twin sisters. Siobhan is the supposed good girl and Bridget the bad girl. Siobhan is living the apparent high life with her wealthy husband while Bridget is a stripper/recovering drug-addict expected to testify against a crime lord in a murder trial.  Fearing for her safety, Bridget decides not to cross the crime lord and runs to her sister for help. Siobhan appears to commit suicide, so Bridget--like any TV twin assumes her sister's identity. However, Siobhan isn't really dead and she's also not happy her sister has assumed her identity.

Even though the plot is a bit contrived, I must say I love all the twists and turns. I totally can't wait 'til the new episode.  If you're interested in the show, you can watch the past five episodes online: http://www.cwtv.com/cw-video/ringer. They're up to episode 7 currently, so you can't see the first two (but honestly, they weren't that great; there is one thing in episode 1 or 2--I can't remember which one now--that has not been explained, and I'm waiting for them to come back to it, because it seems important. Basically, in a flashback, Siobhan curses her sister and looks longlingly at a photo of a young child. But there's been no follow through on this)

So, what's on the can't miss TV for you folks out there? Any new show you love and just can't get enough of?

-Hyattsville Mom




No comments:

Post a Comment