Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Nail Stickers -- Cool

I took my daughter to a "Princess Tea Party" event recently. The party basically included having cookies, little cakes and lemonade or iced tea, and doing three activities: making a picture frame, playing dress up and nail painting.

For those of you who don't know, my daughter, Ella, is 4. My husband and I have agreed that there is no nail painting for her until she is older. So, I told her when I saw the nail-painting station that she couldn't do it. And because we've talked to her about the nail painting issue before, she accepted it pretty easily.

However, when we went to sit down away from the station, the lady who organized the event asked what was wrong. I said, "She's too young for nail polish." The organizer looked at us a moment, then cautiously at me. "What about stickers? We have nail stickers."

Oh Yeah! We were so on top of that! I had never really seen these before, so it was pretty cool. They're intended to go on top of painted nails to give the a little extra flourish. And generally, people paint over them with a coat of clear polish to ensure the stickers stay in place.  However, it was really great for Ella,  as she loved them dearly and was so glad to be able to participate. I'm also glad I know about nail stickers. It's fun and decorative, but less difficult than nail polish.


The nail stickers

What cool new item for your kids have you learned about lately?

-Hyattsville Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment